Many people across South Carolina and North Carolina are in the process of hurricane recovery. Many others will continue to deal with flooding in the coming days. Dragonfly Pond Works is a proud member of many of the communities across North Carolina and South Carolina impacted by Hurricane Florence. We have compiled a list of resources that may be beneficial to those starting the process of hurricane recovery, those continuing to deal with flooding, and those wanting to help the hurricane recovery of others. If you live in the Carolinas or know someone that does, odds are you’ve been impacted by Hurricane Florence. We hope that no matter your need, you’re able to find a helpful resource. Our hearts remain with our team members, clients, and everyone impacted by this devastating hurricane.
- Hurricane Recovery in your home– NC State provides fact sheets with safety tips and general information for hurricane recovery from a variety of circumstances, including power outages, flooding, cleanup, and repair. The NC State Disaster Recovery Information Center can be found here.
- Disaster Assistance– The government’s disaster assistance website will help you determine if you are in an area declared for assistance, find assistance, and apply. You can find their website here. You can also call them at 1-800-621-3362 7 am-11 pm ET, seven days a week.
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance– Information regarding Disaster Unemployment Assistance and how to apply can be found here. You may also call at 866-795-8877.
- WRAL Get Help, Give Help- Raleigh’s news station, WRAL, has compiled an extensive hurricane recovery list on how to get help and give help. Information includes, but is not limited to assistance, FEMA housing, filing insurance claims, replacing important documents, donating, and volunteering. This list can be found here.
- North Carolina Community Foundation Disaster Relief Fund– All funds will go directly to non-profits serving individuals and communities impacted by Hurricane Florence. Their website states that, ‘No portion of the funds raised will be used for the Foundation’s administrative or operational expenses.’. You can find more information or make donations here.
- Other ways to help– Want to help with hurricane recovery, but want to find something more personal to you? If there’s a certain location in North Carolina or South Carolina impacted that you love, check their local government website. Most local government websites are listing ways to donate or volunteer specific to their area. If there is a certain cause you are passionate about, chances are there is a related organization in the Carolinas that needs help. Look for causes in areas that have been impacted. People have lost their homes, schools are closed due to damage and classroom supplies have been ruined, food banks are being depleted, homeless shelters need supplies, animals have been displaced, animal rescues and animal shelters have been damaged, the list goes on. There are so many ways, groups, and people to help.
From Maryland to Florida, Dragonfly Pond Works serves clients throughout the mid-Atlantic region, including corporate, commercial, and public accounts, residential customers, and homeowner associations. We provide lake and pond maintenance services throughout North Carolina, in Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Charlotte, and Wilmington. We also provide pond and lake maintenance throughout Florida, in Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg, Naples, Sarasota, and Fort Myers. We also provide services in Charleston, South Carolina and Atlanta, Georgia; in addition to services in Virginia and Maryland. We strive to develop long-term relationships based on quality work, timely service, cost efficiency, and of course, trust. Please contact us if you would like to learn how we can help you create a beautiful space and sanctuary.